Land O' Lakes Wilderness Lakes Trail

Bike and Hike Our Northwoods Trails

Land O' Lakes offers an extensive system of paved and compacted trails that provide bikers and hikers the opportunity to access and explore our incredible Northwoods landscape. With over 75 miles of scenic shared-use routes and trails, you will find the outdoor adventure you are looking for in Land O' Lakes.

Several of the most popular routes include:

  • A 13-mile family friendly paved trail which begins downtown and travels west through stands of tall, white pine and sugar maple forests
  • A 12-mile compacted surface trail which connects the Watersmeet Town Park and the Ottawa National Forest Visitors Center to the town of Land O' Lakes that is best suited for hybrid or mountain bikes
  • A 22 mile road bike route which begins at the intersection of County B and County S and ends in Eagle River.
  • If you're seeking a longer ride, grab your road bike and follow the 37-mile route outlined on the downloadable map described below.

The recent expansions of the Land O' Lakes bike and pedestrian trail system is a project of Wilderness Lakes Trails, Inc., a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, formed to develop the trail into a 40-mile multi-use trail loop that will encircle the Sylvania Wilderness, a part of the National Wilderness Preservation System. The entire project is estimated to cost $2,500,000 and approximately 75% of the cost of this project is expected to be funded by state, federal and private grants. The remaining 25% must be raised through donations.

Printed trail maps may obtained at the Land O' Lakes Chamber or Commerce or downloaded at

Make Land O' Lakes your Northwoods biking and hiking destination when planning a vacation, weekend trip or a day of outdoor fun.

Wilderness Trails Map
Great Headwaters Trails

The Great Headwaters Trails foundation’s goal is to build 40 miles of biking and walking trails in eastern Vilas County, the headwaters of the Wisconsin River. The Great Headwaters Trails system will connect the towns of Land O’ Lakes, Conover, Phelps and Eagle River and beyond to the Three Eagles Trail, Heart of Vilas Trail and Wilderness Lakes Trail. A grand vision — a connecting system of over 110 miles of trails.

We recommend our hosting company, HOSTEK!
Website Design - Grass Lake Images, Inc. (906)544-2411
Copyright © 2017 · All Rights Reserved ·